May 23, 2011

Her Boyfriend Lives in a hut. (5/7/11)

 The other night I got a late night phone call from Stephanie which was a little surprising, because of the time difference. The first thing she said after hello was, “I have a good story to tell you!” The story she told me turned out to be a fantastic one of her going out with her friends. It involved girls too drunk to walk. Drunk girls going barefoot and carrying their friends around. A handful of other drunker arguments, with the gem of them all being the comment one of her friends made. Apparently, on of the very drunk girls was complaining about the boy she had been on a date with not being at her house after they'd gone out to the bars and Stephanie's friend shut the girl up by saying this, “You can't complain! Stephanie's boyfriend lives a thousand miles away in a hut! And he doesn't have internet access! And she isn't complaining!” I found this amusing for a number of reasons. One of the main ones being that mentioning I lived in a hut was very important to describing the situation of our relationship, as well as the fact that there was no internet access in my hut obviously made the circumstances that much more dire. I have to cede to her the point of me living 1000 miles away, while it is a bit of an underestimate it certainly does help you grasp the long distance part of the relation. Haha. Needless to say it was one of the best phone call's I’d received in a while, as well as helping remind me how lucky I am to have her! I can't say I know any other girls that would bother dating a guy who lives a thousand miles away in a hut without internet access... =)

2 comments: